Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Home at last. Flight went really well and Ella thought it was pretty fun to yell, "we're flying!" At least people were amused. Otherwise you wouldn't have even known she was there. Such a great flyer. Thank god for that! We got home very late on Monday night (actually tuesday morning) and I spent all of Tuesday trying to break the fog of exhaustion. Our neighbors were out at 3AM riding their seadoo around the lake. So, there wasn't much sleep had... but at least I didn't have to get up and go to work like Dale did. Unrelenting dedication... that guy. The detox plan has begun. I omitted the coconut from my morning latte and find myself craving broccoli! The sight of chocolate covered mac nuts is making me want to hurl! The sun is out here and that is fantastic. If only the rain would hold off another day or two! It's back to the daily grind. Lots of chores to do and the normal errands to run. Oh, and that pesky thing called work. Hopefully we will be able to go and pick up Woodrow from the farm, where HE has been vacationing. Ella will be glad to have him home. She loves her dog! I saw Crystal today for a last minute visit as she is flying right now, back home to New York. I miss her already. Getting to see baby Jackson was very nice. Maybe a little trip to NY in June for a long weekend is in order. I am glad to be home... there is no place like it and can't wait to see Duke. I have a big bag of apples for him!

No comments: