Monday, June 14, 2010

Ella's big school bus ride!


It's official... we are tired! Miss Libby is the cutest thing ever and has a vivacious appetite! Daddy is getting very little sleep since Libby is in the basinette in our room and he is woken up every time I nurse. I haven't been able to pump yet... things are still too sore! ;0) TMI, I know. It would be much easier if someone could give her a bottle, but it just isn't in the cards right now. We have given her a little bit of formula and it upsets her belly, so it is all about the boob!

Daddy had his Central Welding golf tournament over the weekend. It is nice to have that completed and off his chest. It was a very nice event. We girls loaded up and went to visit with everyone after they were finished with the golfing. There was a nice luncheon and we got to introduce Libby to lots of the company family.

Ella had a big day on Friday. She got to go on her first bus ride. The bus picked her up from preschool, it went around the lake and we met at Lundeen Park for lunch and pictures with Clifford. It was a VERY fun day for her that she had been talking about for the last couple of weeks. SHE LOVES THE BUS!!! We have been trying to add things into her schedule that are fun for her and gives her special one on one time. She is doing reasonably well with the adjustment of Libby, but is also over the top INSANE with her energy level. It is all due to the adjustment but I am getting sick of telling her to stop jumping on the furniture, running through the house yelling and other things she KNOWS are NOT acceptable in our home. I feel bad putting her in timeout so much, but... she knows the rules. She is VERY sweet to Libby and a BIG helper to mommy. If we could just get the energy thing under control. You can only go to the park so many times in the day!!!

I am having to watch what I eat. Libby does NOT like fajitas (our regular friday night dinner with the neighbors). Anything spicy or containing preservatives seems to make her belly hurt.... Ate a costco hotdog the other day... that was a NO GO for the Libs! No big deal though, it is a great reminder to keep my diet to my normal plan. Lots of water, fruits, veggies and such. I don't know how it is possible, but I weigh the same today as I did when I got pregnant with her... I feel great, other than being tired~!

No comments: