Friday, June 11, 2010

One week old!

I will post more pics in a few hours (gonna grab a nap while I can).

Miss Libby is now one week old. We are setting into a routine that is pretty doable. She is a nursing champion. I can't believe the difference between her and Ella. She is so content and very scheduled with her eating. There has been very little fussing and she is sleeping a lot. Some of that will change after she gets closer to a month old, so I am trying to take advantage of it while it lasts. Libby is DEFINITELY the second child... she is so used to hearing the busyness of Ella from the womb that NOTHING phases her. I swear a freight train could run through the house and it wouldn't bother her. Ella can, well be Ella, and the Libs is quiet and takes it all in stride. I can remember tip toeing around the house with Ella. EVERYTHING would wake her up or upset her. Libby is the polar opposite in that regard... well, at 8 days old anyway.

I am doing really well and am putting my all into it. Dale is wonderfully supportive and a great cheerleader. Anything I need he is right there helping out. I have cut out most of my busy schedule to focus on her and trying to stay healthy... without the exhaustion that I experienced with Ella. So far it is working! I am taking my vitamins, grabbing sleep while I can and have been grateful for friends meal deliveries that have helped feed the family and made my life much easier. We are so blessed to have such supportive friends that keep showing up and feeding us!

Dale's mom is coming over once a week and taking ella on fun playdates. This week they went to the park and rode her new bicycle that my mom brought over for her. She is learning how to ride it. Very cute. EVERY opportunity we have to burn off some of her energy is helpful. That is what we are relying on other most for... Ella play dates!!! This week Ella had a ride on a school bus for a pre-school field trip where we met at a park and got to have our picture taken with Clifford. I will upload a few pics of that shortly. It was a VERY fun time for her!

Alyssa (Sasa) is here helping out for anything/everthing I might need during the day. Right now she is taking Ella to pre-school so that we don't have to cart Libby around and can keep her out of the public for a little while longer. Her immunity, I am sure is better than yours or mine, but they recommend not throwing them into any environment that is germ infested for a while.... which I would say a room full of coughing and busy 3 year olds would be!

Our little family is thriving. I am LOVING every minute of it. It is difficult at times, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: